Dr Greg Blecher
Paediatrician: General, Sleep and Respiratory
MB BCh, FRACP, Grad Cert Clin Epi (University of Sydney), Conjoint Lecturer (UNSW)
Before your visit
- Ensure you have a valid referral from a GP or Specialist,
otherwise you cannot claim back the Medicare portion.
- A specialist referral lasts 3 months from the date you
see Dr Blecher. A GP referral is valid for a year.
may want to check with the receptionist if your referral is valid.
- For rural and remote patients, consultation by video conference may be available.
- Please bring any relevant investigations or documentation
- No vaccinations are given at the 6-8 week baby check - this is done by your GP
- To save time, complete and print the
Patient Registration Form
before your first visit.
- Fees are quoted when an appointment is made and are variable depending on the service.
- Fees must be paid at the appointment.
- Medicare will rebate a portion of the fee.
- In most cases we are able to submit a Medicare claim
electronically at time of payment for fast rebate.
- We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard, EFTPOS. Cheques are not accepted.
- Please note, a cancellation fee will be charged for all appointments
confirmed but cancelled less than 24 hours before
appointment, or not attended.
- Patients have access to sleep studies at Sydney Children's
Hospital (covered by medicare) www.sch.edu.au/departments/sleep_medicine or at St Luke's, Potts Point (the bulk covered by your private fund) ww.slc.org.au/hospital/facilities/sleep-disorders-centre
- All patients need to see Dr Blecher for a consultation
before a sleep study can be booked.
- For patients in rural and remote areas, the initial
consultation can by done by video conference (such as Skype)
- Children under a year of age would need to have their sleep study at SCH